Most of the time the title word means that I am preparing for a trip somewhere, but this time it means that I spent all day today in class to acquire my Concealed Handgun License. Since I passed the test at the end of the session, tomorrow I will be at the shooting range qualifying with my pistol of choice. Then I will tackle a stack of forms, mail them, and wait for several months to receive my license.
I wasn't surprised by all the laws and guidelines presented, but they certainly reinforce how complicated the Second Amendment is. The plethora of changes, interpretations, comments, decisions, etc. total more than any one person could ever master in a lifetime, especially since lawmakers keep changing the rules. My favorite topic was safety, and more safety, and--did I say?--safety.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, you'll be a pistol-packing mama?
ReplyDeleteLicensed to be but planning to avoid any reason to be. Proverbial "to be or not to be."
ReplyDelete