For our last morning in the Denali area, bags out at 9:00 and check out at 10:00, much later than previously. Pawpaw and I take full advantage and relax in our room until 10:05. Not caring whether we have breakfast or lunch, we arrive at the resort's smaller restaurant at 10:30 and learn that their breakfast service has just ended and lunch will begin as soon as they switch over. Decision made.
I have the salad bar and he has a hamburger, homey and satisfying. I also have a bowl of chunky black bean soup which I garnish with ripe olives, ranch dressing, and croutons.
Wall decor reminds us of fun days we've had here.
We have this day to ourselves until time to board the train at 4:00ish. (All time on this tour is "ish.") As we pass through the grand lobby once more, I look at the model of "the tall one" and smile at the idea of Mount McKinley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment